Methamphetamine is a crystal that vaporizes when heated, as in smoking. The vapor clings to surfaces and reforms into crystals. People who come in contact with these surfaces can ingest the meth through their skin or by touching contaminated surfaces then touching mouth, nose or eyes. Babies are especially vulnerable as they live in a world where everything is sampled by tasting. Regardless of the source people who are exposed to meth pollution report speediness, loss of appetite, spaciness, inability to concentrate, itchy skin, dry eyes, irritability, paranoia, colds, breathing difficulty, sinus problems, headaches, anxiety, nervousness, acne and confusion. In more extreme cases convulsions and death of pets.
Mould and dampness in homes may cause health problems. Indoor mould and dampness can also cause unpleasant odours and damage to building materials, contents and structures which can lead to expensive maintenance or management costs.
- asthma attacks
- itchy, watery, red eyes
- respiratory infections
- rashes (dermatitis)
- sinus problems, blocked noses.
If you have persistent health problems that may be mould-related.
Fix the moisture to fix the mould
Asbestos is a fire resistant material which has been used in the building trade to provide cheap fire-safe insulation.
There are around 2,500 deaths each year as a consequence of cancer caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.
Although the manufacture of asbestos products was banned in 1999, asbestos material still exists widely in buildings and products previously installed. Any home that is over 15 years old may contain materials made from asbestos.